Facebook Wi-Fi: Free Internet for Your Patrons, More Check-ins for You!
Whether you are a quaint cafe in the Historic District or fun and funky Galleria boutique, providing your customers and patrons with easy-to-use, reliable (and free) wifi is all but a must-do for Houston’s retailers and businesses. Keeping your customers connected not only keeps them happy; it also gives you opportunities to increase your touch points and boost engagement through social media.
And speaking of social media, are you finding that despite having an active, in-person customer base, your social media activity level aren’t quite matching up? It can be pretty frustrating when your venue is hopping but you’d never know it by looking at your Facebook page with hardly a check-in to be found.
What if I told you there was a way to kill two birds with one stone: free wifi your customers, increased Facebook check-ins for you.
I kid you not. It’s called Facebook Wi-Fi, and it may be just what you are looking for.
Launched in 2014, this glorious bit of Facebook technology gives your patrons (free) wifi access AND increases your social media engagement in one fell swoop. All they have to do is “check in” on your business’s Facebook page, and presto! Access to the internet, free of charge.
Beyond the “free” factor, we want to reiterate the fact the Facebook Wi-Fi solution is a win-win for all involved. It can greatly benefit your business–especially if social media is an important part of your marketing strategy.
More check-in’s and engagement on your Facebook page means you have better chance of being seen by more potential customers because:
- Increased on-page activity is what helps your page rank higher in the “Nearby Places” tab (in the FB mobile app).
- Your patrons’ “check-in” will show in their friends’ newsfeed, putting your business in front of more eyeballs.
- Since your customers automatically visit your Facebook page to connect to wifi, you have the added opportunity to put any special offers, events, sales, etc. front and center of a captive audience. Your customers are much more apt to “like” and further engage with your Facebook page purely by default.
Facebook Wi-Fi is pretty straightforward to set-up and you can find all the steps laid out for your on Facebook’s Help Center. (It basically just turns your router into a wifi hotspot).
The one catch is that only certain router types are supported. According to Facebook, Facebook Wi-Fi is currently available on:
- Meraki wireless products
- Cisco wireless products
- NETGEAR R6300v2 Wi-Fi router
- D-Link Facebook Wi-Fi AC1750 router (DIR-865L)
- Open-Mesh wireless products
- Aruba Networks wireless products
- Intelbras Roteador HotSpot 300
- Ruckus Wireless products
- ASUS RT-AC68U, RT-N18U, DSL-AC68U and DSL-AC68R routers
If your router type is included, it’s definitely worth considering Facebook Wi-Fi. Free internet and check-ins for all!!!
If you are looking to level up from check-ins and likes, why not contact the digital marketing experts at the Houston Web Design Agency? Our digital marketing arsenal includes social media marketing savvy; so contact us by email or by phone at 281-764-9070 today to see what we can do for you!